Sunday, December 18, 2011

First Timer

Hi all! I am so excited to be participating in BJP 2012. This is my first time taking part in BJP and actually my first time in any sort of group project online. As far as beading, I have done mostly jewelry pieces and (Brick stitch) bead weaving. Last year I challenged myself to learn a new beading technique each month. I think I made it 9-10 months and did learn by trial and error. I think this venue will be more supportive and encouraging than I was to myself on my blog. I began crazy quilting about a year ago and have been adding beads (of course!) to my CQ projects. I will be participating in CQJP 2012, TAST, a senseless ORTS jar challenge as well as this BJP 2012. Nothing like jumping in with both feet~lol.

I am fascinated with the different types of lace, so I thought I would take this opportunity to experiment with creating lace through bead embroidery to both allow me to take a closer look at and better understand actual lace construction and to improve my bead embroidery skills. At least to begin with I will be doing tone on tone so the emphasis will be on the construction rather than color.