Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'm Also Glad to Be Back!

I participated in the first Bead Journal Project, then skipped a year, and have been part of the last two years. The first year I used beads to embellish 8.5" x 11" journal quilts. Turns out that size was a little too big for me to realistically accomplish every month! The next time around I made diamond shaped ornaments about 4" x 6". You can see them here. I made eleven out of twelve that time. (Skipped my birthday month; maybe my birthday was the excuse?) I'm proud to say that this year I fully expect to complete all twelve ATC's - 3.5" x 2.5" rectangles. It would appear smaller is better in this case. ;- ) It also helps to recognize that the heavily encrusted look I like so much is not the type of work that naturally comes out of me. I'm not 100% certain what format I'll be using for 2012 but I'm thinking it may be 3.5" squares. My diamonds forced a vertical orientation and I made the conscious decision to work horizontally on the ATC's. So maybe this time I'll give myself the freedom to work in any direction I choose!

Magpie Sue