Saturday, December 24, 2011

Third time for Double Infinity...

First off - my sincere thanks to Carol for helping me get into this blog! I am part of the last of the baby boomer generation, and I have not taken to all this high tech stuff that well :) My daughters are 10 and 11 and they are more adept at navigating the cyber world than me! My name is Lynn Lytle, but I use Angiemerie - a combination my my girls names - for many logins. Here, at BJP, I use Double Infinity for that is what my initials look like. If i ever learn how to manage my time better and actually produce bead work to sell, that will be my logo. Anyway - this is my third year. 2008/09 was the first and I did 4x4 squares. My mom had passed away in Sept 07 so it was a year of reflecting in beads, especially poignant since she was just introducing me to the craft and I inherited her supplies. THe next year I discovered the encrusted look and did size 100 (2 1/2") buttons. It took me 2 years as I lost my muse mid-year. Once I started back though, the remaining buttons took on a life of their own and were completed in no time!
This year I plan to do a circular calendar-type design which seem to be a very popular theme as I've seen it mentioned a few times already! Here is a picture of this really cool pendant i found on super mark-down at the Saks outlet which I'm planning to use as the center.
A note to the newbies - just stick with it - it is really a lot of fun. Advice wise, I have found that having the "base media" ready in advance for the next menoth helped me alot. In fact, I need to tweak my design and start cutting out that stiff stuff soon! I do not have a blog - so I like to read BJP and post here. I always leave photo's on the FLICKR site. A great place to just sit back, enjoy the photos, and get inspired. Happy Holiday to all. See you next year....