Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Behind Every Crafty Chick.... there are beads on the floor !


I decided to use the fabric Signs of the Zodiac, once I cut them out they needed a background,  I decided to lay each month on a colored background.  For Aquarius, I chose a colorful stripe...but NO, that wasn't enough for me...  He is pouring water from an urn so I added another piece of fabric (shades of blue with swirls) to give it that water flowing movment....but STILL not enough for me... I added a piece of blue netting over the swirly fabric and added small pearl beads to make it feel more like water to me.....

Here is my work in progress...

It isn't a close up so I am not sure how much you can see.  I am planning on using bugle beads on the striped fabric in the back.  You can kinda see the beads in the swirls as the water flows down. From this picture you can't see the blue netting that is laid over the swirls.  The black line framing the picture is bugle beads.   I am hoping to have my blog up by this time next week and close ups of my progress  :o)