Friday, January 6, 2012

I decided to try to ask a poll question every Friday on my blog, and here as well.  Here is what I posted on my blog for my first art poll:


Here  is a short quote that jumped out at me from the text of a magazine today:
The essence of art is human association”
I’ve been thinking about it all day.
It is one of those deceptively simple elemental concepts that teases the mind with layers of meaning.  It transcends all of the details of art making, art viewing or experiencing, success, failure, quality, concepts.  Art is by us and for us and of us. 
Marcel Duchamp said  “I don't believe in art. I believe in artists.”
I’ve been posting a poll on my Facebook page for a couple of years, just for fun.  When I was pondering the human association element today, it occurred to me that a Friday poll here on my blog might be a fun thing to try.  I figure most people who drop by are artists in one way or another.  We are all creators. 
I’ll throw out a question, answer in the comments.
For today:  On a day when your ability to work is thwarted, or if you are just not “feeling it” what are some of the activities you go to to keep your energy going? 

I'd love to hear what you have to say.