Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Double Infinity - February's off to a good start...

Well I heeded my own warning and did not attempt to begin February's piece early. So today I finally started and it is turning out to be a very interesting year. My February piece has beaded up really quickly, but like January, I really don't feel like I'm beading. Does that make any sense??? It's hard to explain but I feel as if I am creating a piece of art. I'm not saying my beading isn't artistic, it's just these pieces have such a different feel for me, and were only on the second month! I guess since I've returned to bead embroidery after 'stitch beading' for awhile, it just has a different feel. The first thing I ever beaded after inheriting my mother's beads was an embroidery cuff, so maybe it's some primal return to my origin type process I'm going through. Now if that psychobabble wasn't enough to thoroughly confuse you :) Here is a quick shot of what I've done so far today....