Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tahlia: BJP February

My second bead mandala! Two months, two mandalas. Success!



I am also working on Crazy Quilt Journal project, and the idea is that my BJP mandalas will go onto my CQJP wedges like so:



They are just placed on top of the crazy quilt wedges for the photograph. I haven't stitched them down yet. I am going to wait until the end of the year to add any of the bead mandalas because the weight and stiffness of the mandalas would make the remainder of the crazy quilt embroidery much more difficult. Once I get all 12 wedges embroidered and all 12 mandalas created, then I will decide which mandala goes on which wedge. In other words, I reserve the option to not put January's mandala on January's wedge!

Now I get to start stitching and beading for March!