Wednesday, May 30, 2012

March BJP done!

I finally got to post my March beaded button! This one was inspired by 2 events: The one year anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear disaster and my radiotherapy treatement for thyroid cancer. On March 28th, I had to swallow the exact same poison that comes out of the Fukushima nuclear plant: I-131 (radioactive iodine). As soon as I swallowed the pill, I became a danger to others because I was radioactive. I had to stay in full isolation for 5 days, and, for another 10 days, I had to keep a distance of 2 meters between me and people. My husband add to wear a radiation counter for 5 days and we had to live separate lives in the same house! Separe bedrooms, separate bathrooms and keep a safe distance. I was limited to the 2nd floor and he was occupying the first floor and the basement. So, I decided I could bead my special radiation warning sign! A little humor never hurts! I am now 2 months past this nightmare and can say now : What doesn't kill you... cure you! I will only know in 6 months if the poison has killed all cancer cells left in my body following the 2 thyroid ablation surgeries I had to undergo in the fall. I am hoping for the best believe me! Now is time to catch up on April and May BJP buttons!