Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2012 Finished

I completed my Dec piece last week on Jan 10, but we traveled this past weekend and I didn't have the time to post it. So, now, here it is:



I used blue, green, and silver for the holiday colors, Chanukah, Christmas, and a bit of sparkle. The charms start at the top with LIVE. Life is so short and we never know how much time we have, so it's important to live life to its fullest. Below that one is a ship to represent our December trip to the Galapagos Islands, a dream trip if there ever was one. It was fantastic and everything I could have wanted it to be. We were on a power catamaran (no cat charms) with only 8 cabins, and the guests on our cruise totaled 13. This is a trip I've been wanting to take for over 30 years and now was the time!
The other two charms obviously are for the two major holidays during December; of course there are others, but those are the ones I choose. Also, I used bells in the center to add a bit of whimsy.

Now 2012 is complete and on to January 2013.